Assam & Meghalaya Tour
(7 Nights / 8 Days)
HIGHLIGHTS: Train / Flight Journey, Accommodation
ADVANCE BOOKING: 70 Days before
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per the itinerary
• Daily buffet breakfast
• Airport transfer/railway station is complimentary
• Independent Vehicle from Arrival to Depart
• GST of 3.09%
• Hotel Tax 7.41%
• Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage
• Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
• Entrance Fees & Guide charges,Travel insurance
• Still camera/ video camera charger
• Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, who is directly payable on the spot)
• Any increase in Airlines taxes or fuel price at the time of departure, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
• Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Day 01: Guwahati - Shilong:welcome you at Guwahati Airport/Rly station. After your arrival we will take you to Shillong which is known as a ‘The Scotland of the East’ & the capital state of Meghalaya. Reaching Shillong after 3 hours journey (approximately), we check in at our hotel, freshen up and after a light meal we go out for sight seeing.
Day 02: Shilong - Cheerapunje - Shilong:Early in the morning, we will take you to Cherrapunjee, famed for being the wettest place in the world. After a drive of two hours amid pine trees and mists we reach Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunjee possesses some exotic water falls and impressive limestone caves. At Cherrapunjee, we visit Nohkalikai falls, being the world’s fourth tallest water fall, Mawsmai falls, Thangkharang Park and Mawsmai cave which is one of the 100 old limestone caves in Meghalaya. After lunch, we back to shillong.evening free,overnight at Shillong.
Day 03: Shilong - Kaziranga:After Breakfast visit Elephant falls and Shillong peak. After lunch, we will take 7 hours drive to Kaziranga National Park, the home of the Great Indian One horned Rhinoceros. Other residents of the park include elephants, Indian Bison, four species of deer, tiger, leopard, capped langur, wild boar, hoolock gibbon, hornbill, ibis, cormorant, egret, heron, fishing eagle and a host of migratory birds including Pelicans. We check in at resort/ tourist lodges.
Day 04: Kaziranga:We start for elephant safari early in the morning in the central range of the park, for one hour. Back to the resort for breakfast. After breakfast we take you deep inside the central range of the park in a jeep. Eve. Free over night at kaziranga.
Day 05:Kaziranga - Bomdilla:Early morning we leave Kaziranga for Bomdilla. Enroute we visit Asia’s largest Orchidarium at Tipi where you can see over 7500 orchids from a collection of about 300 species. Some of them are very rare. Situated at an altitude of 8500 ft. Bomdilla offers wonderful panoramic views of Himalayan landscapes and snow-clad ranges. There are beautiful apple orchards and Buddhist monasteries as well. Over night will be at Bomdilla.
Day 06:Bomdilla - Tawang:Early morning we will take you for sight seeing in and around Bomdilla. After light meal we take you to Tawang. On the way we will cross one of the highest pass in the northeast India- the Sela Pass (14000ft.). Reaching Tawang we check in at tourist lodge/ hotel.
Day 07: Tawang:After breakfast we go sight seeing in and around Tawang. We visit Tsongeswar Lake, Paradise Lake, Craft Centre and finally the three hundred year old Tawang Monastery – the second largest Buddhist monastery in the world. The Craft Centre produces some beautiful woolen carpets
Day 08: Tawang - Guwahati:After breakfast we proceed to the airport for your departure flight and here the tour comes to an end.
Hotel Polo Tower or similar @ Shilong
Hotel Nature Hunt Eco Camp or similar @ Kaziranga
**Note:**Note: Check In at 1400 hrs / Out time at 12 noon.